i hadn’t anticipated this post, but tonight we all miss haley!
so it feels right…
haley is a teen:
she was cute before i knew her:
i instantly loved her:
she has a little bit of personality:
she held it down at first:
and eats her cupcakes with style:
she graduated in the spring:
she spent her last summer as a kid in the sun:
she was college bound:
we moved her into the dorms:
and we miss her everyday!
sometimes we just mope around:
sometimes we drink wine to cope:
tonight we made pizza b/c that helps:
garlic broccoli pizza
-crust of choice (i let our friend JR make the crust tonight b/c he had a “new recipe” – healthwise i would make a thin whole wheat crust in the future)
– 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– 8 cloves fresh garlic (pressed, chopped etc)
– 4 oz. part skim ricotta (give or take)
-add olive oil and garlic to saucepan on low heat, cook until garlic starts to brown… salt and pepper to taste
-add the broccoli and toss it around in the olive oil/garlic
-top pizza crust with broccoli mixture and add ricotta
-bake at 500 degrees about 8 minutes (if crust is precooked)
but of course you need a little variety…
butternut squash and red onion pizza (i didn’t get a shot of the whole pizza before it got sliced up)
– again, pizza crust of choice
– roast butternut squash (or squash of choice) and red onion, then spread over pizza crust
– sprinkle with part skim mozzarella
– salt and pepper to taste
– finish with some fresh rosemary (this really made the pizza KILLER)
– bake at 500 for about 8 minutes (if pizza crust is already cooked)
** this pizza had incredible flavor but was a tiny bit dry, so maybe a little olive oil, ricotta, or whatever you desire to add a little moisture to the pizza.
we were all enjoying our pizza when…
what was that sound?? no mama pea, it was not ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring… banana phoooone….
a skype date with HALEYYYYYYY!!!
it just made our night!!
it was what we all needed…
we love you haley… and we miss you…